"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever" - Lance Armstrong

Saturday, April 30, 2016

5 years?!

Has it really been 5 years since my last post?!  I thought I said goodbye to this blog for good, but after thinking about it for months on end, I've decided that it's time to come back.  My reasoning is because I've taken up running again, and I've been consistent for the past year or so.   I've done several Half marathons and a dew other races.  2016 is the year I'm really pushing myself and 2017 will bring even greater challenges.  More on that later.

Today in Vegas, it was pouring rain, but I still managed to get out the door by 7am and run 5 miles in the downpour with a few girls from my running group.  Yes, I said it...I joined a running group.  Me.  Hard to believe, I know.  But it has been monumental in helping me stay consistent in my running.  These girls are so motivating!  So happy I found them!  

Las week, John and I ran a Half marathon in Utah.  It was the Southern Utah Half.  Personally, it was not my best time, but I also was not into it mentally.  I was tired from our New York trip, it was freezing and windy.  Not ideal conditions, but then again, when do you actually get ideal race conditions?  Pretty much never.  So i sucked it up and did it.  Finished in 2:16.  Not bad.  Not great, but got it done.  Good enough!   I have another Half coming up next week, May 7, so we'll see what that day brings.  

Anyways, just touching base.  Now that I've recovered my password to this blog, I will get more consistent.