"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever" - Lance Armstrong

Sunday, January 30, 2011

5 is better than one

...I should actually say THREE is better. I decided to step up my friend game the other day and scheduled a 5 mile run with Michelle, Amy, Matt & John for this morning. Maybe I should mention that I woke up pissy about WHY I agreed to run in the first place, as I am NOT a morning person, but John wouldn't indulge in my child-like behavior and we left the house in spite of my mood. LOL
I think we only had the guys with us on the walk out to the street from Michelle's house, then they were gone. Oh well. I didn't think my body was quite ready for 5 miles but I figured I'd do the best I can and walk if need be (which wasn't that much, to my surprise). I admit, running with friends is SO much better than doing it alone! Time went by faster than I thought and I was able to even gasp out a few words here & there....but it was fine by me to just listen to the 2 of them talk. Better than my ipod ;) And it was so great to have a change of scenery from what I'm used to seeing. It was nice to not smell horse poo, be chased by a goose or have 2536 dogs barking at me! So I think I will make a trek across town every other week to run the hills out by Red Rock and bask in the company of these girls...like sunshine for my soul ;)
I have to eek out two more 4 (or dare I do 5??!!) mile runs this coming week (alone.....forever alone!!), then I'm off to Aspen on Thursday morning for a long weekend with my girlfriends {no husbands, no kids!} Super excited!!

Thanks again girls for motivating me this morning!!

PS- looks like Napa Valley Ragnar is in the works for us....YAY!! That makes me happy!!