"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever" - Lance Armstrong

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Confessions...

I hate running.

I curse the day I ever decided to be a good wife and have a hobby that my husband & I could enjoy "together". Running blows. I think I need a friend who lives by me (damn you Michelle & Amy for living all the way the hell across town!) and who runs at my slow ass pace (oh, well...then thank you Michelle & Amy for NOT living by me cause I couldn't keep up with you hookers anyways! :/) . I get so freakin' bored that my mind gives up way before my body does. Funny how much longer it seems to take to run 4 miles than it does 3....when really, 9 10.30 minutes is not a long time in normal day to day stuff. I was trying to think of anything at all possible on my run today to keep my mind off of the fact that I'm running and it's hot as hell outside (I will dread summer time runs!) and I have a long sleeve shirt on (stupid!)........so I have the balls to take my shirt off and run in my capris and sports bra. YES- I went there! But, I tied my shirt around my waist to hide my muffin top from flopping all over the place, as if that makes it better. Anyways, if you wanna know what a lone runner who hates what she's doing thinks about, let me give you a scary peek inside my brain (don't judge me...I have no control over what thoughts overcome me during these lonely, boring miles):
**Please let me see a coyote. **I know I'm supposed to run against traffic, but I'm scared, because if a car is going to hit me, I'd rather it be from behind so that it takes me by surprise and I hopefully don't feel it. **Oh yay! It's the bunny house! Hi bunnies! (there is a house in my neighborhood who has like 56 bunnies in their yard and I feel better when I see the white one. Random, yes.). **I wonder if running sucks for the majority of people who do it or if they actually really like it. **How the hell did I end up with 4 kids? **Will I be able to get through a Half marathon? **I wonder if I look like a crazy red-faced lunatic to people as they drive past me. **There's my pee tree! heeheehee (yes, I had to pee one day REALLLLY bad on my run, I was about 2 miles away from my house, I live out in the nothingness, so I actually peed in a bush. I'm not proud of that, but there was no way in HELL I could hold it any longer. **I really need to get rid of this song on my ipod. **What should I make for dinner...or should I be a terrible mom and grab pizza instead? **When I see other women out running at the same time that I am, I always think "hey, I wonder if she will be my friend and run with me" but I would never ask, in fear she'd think I was a crazy lesbian out to get her.

That's all, pretty much. A whole lotta nothing, yet things that help me forget the torture I'm enduring. Ok, so...ummmm....this is awkward now. Alright, well.......call me if you wanna be my friend and run with me :/