"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever" - Lance Armstrong

Monday, April 11, 2011

Friendly competition never hurt ;)

I'm officially done with my 1st week of Half training (yay!!!!!!!), 11 more to go. I was scheduled to run 4 miles on Saturday but had to push it back a day due to my daughter's dance competition, so hubby & I decided to "run together" . I say that loosely cause he is way faster than I am, but I always feel bad that he tries to run with me and make this a bonding moment (which is why I started running in the 1st place), but I always turn him down and not allow him to go with me. I thought I'd throw him a bone and allow him this time in my presence ;) Then he had to open his big mouth (like always) and say the wrong thing. He doesn't even have to TRY, it just naturally comes out of his mouth :/ What did he say, you wonder? Well, I started to map out my 4 mile run and he said: "can you add like another 2 miles at the beginning of MY run, and I'll just catch up with you half way." I know!! He had to go there. So I mapped out his run where it would connect with mine after almost 2 miles and while he was getting his stuff together, I left. My only goal during the entire run was to make sure he did not catch up with me LOL!! There was a long stretch of straight road with the wind blowing directly into my face that I thought he'd for sure gain on me, but I was not going to turn around and look or slow down. It kinda reminded me of the old hunting game where the hunters let the fox go and wait a few minutes and then send the blood hounds out after them!

I didn't dare stop!! One foot in front of the other all the way to my stopping point...I made it, Sucka!!! I was so happy! I didn't even see a glimpse of him and that alone made it an awesome victory cause I knew his goal was to catch up with me. I got home and was already in the shower when he walked in..and I did a victory dance (yes, while in the shower)! Score a point for me! But I know the next time we do this, it's on....he's got his game face on now!