"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever" - Lance Armstrong

Monday, April 4, 2011

So it begins....

82 days, but who's counting? 82...the number of days until I run my first Half Marathon. Today was the 1st "official" day of my Half training program. I so badly wanted to think of every excuse in the world not to run today, but I know I will always regret not doing it. I HAD to get new running shoes first thing though. I've been having major feet pain and my old shoes just weren't cutting it any more.
I only had to go 3 miles today, thank God. It was freakin' hot outside! I wish I was one of those girls who can run and still look cute. My face gets all red and puffy, regardless of the weather. Totally not adorable ;) LOL

My goal for the couple of weeks is to get my nutrition down (timing and how much/little to eat before going on a run). I ate more today than the last time I ran, so I wasn't starving or anything, but I don't know how long (or how much) beforehand I need to eat to give my food enough time to digest. I kept feeling my food wanting to come up today, and that's definitely not the feeling I want to have every time.
I have 63 miles scheduled for April...3 down, 60 more to go. That will be the most I've run in a month, but I'm hoping for the best. May will bring 96 miles, so I better be able to do April's, that's for sure!
I'm hopeful and positive that I can do this. I actually don't have a choice at this point. Quitting is not an option, so I will suck it up and take it day by day. :)