"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever" - Lance Armstrong

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Sausage, anyone??


That image grosses me out....but it accurately describes how I felt on my run today. A friend told me that she tried a pair of compression pants for her 1st marathon this past December and really liked them. I figured it can't hurt me to try them. Holy Hell!! They are harder than a pair of Spanx to get on and they are SKIN.TIGHT! They compressed my already flat ass into non-existence; flatter than a pancake. I was also terrified of possibly getting camel-toe (like you've never worried about that!) so I made sure to wear a long shirt, but all was well in that department ;) I texted my friend after my run and she asked me "did they work?" Well, I don't know. I'm not sure how they're supposed to feel. I guess in the grand scheme of things, I felt a lot less jiggle where I would otherwise feel it, and I imagined in my mind that they were super-speedy, super hero pants, so maybe that gave me the extra push to do well today...especially since I couldn't get my run in until 4:30pm: the time when I usually want to pass out on my couch for an hour. I guess in hindsight, I didn't mind the pants. If you can get passed taking a risk in having your muffin-top squeezed up until just under your boobs, I say give 'em a try! Certainly wouldn't hurt....just maybe don't look in the mirror.