"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever" - Lance Armstrong

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

hot hot hot!!




I am in for a world of hurt in the next month(s) to come. Today was "only" 72 degrees when I went for a run , but the Vegas sun was on full power. I haven't run since my Zion 8 miles, and I knew I would not be awesome today...I didn't disappoint my expectations :/ I took my husband's dog with me cause I wanted to run a trail that followed behind this State park by my house and it could get a little isolated and shady back there, if you know what I mean. The dog did good, and actually listened to me for the most part. Although, I almost lost her when I took her off the chain and she decided to high-tail it after a chipmunk. I didn't chase after her....but she came back anyways. :/


I think tomorrow may have to be the 1st day of my 5:30am runs again. It is just getting too damn hot in the afternoons and I don't do very well running in this heat. It always makes me feel like throwing up. I will attempt to get an early rise first thing in the morning and get a head start on my day. I'm kinda freakin' out that the Half is now only 45 days away........I'm scheduled to go 11 miles this Saturday, so I will hopefully have a better grasp of where I stand after seeing what my body can do. I'm getting excited/nervous/scared all wrapped up in one and I can't wait to run longer and push harder :)