"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever" - Lance Armstrong

Monday, May 23, 2011

Pain in the head!





Hello!! I'm still here! Alive and kickin'! I feel like the last time I looked at my Half Marathon countdown, it said there was 33 days until race day....I just looked at it, and it said "33 days". Ummm, hi. Did time stop or am I having a case of deja vu? I'm not complaining, but I would kinda like to get this whole 13.1 miles thing outta my way and be able to stop thinking about it for a while.


Anyways, let's focus on how awesome I am: I'm officially hitting the double digits on my long run days (Saturdays) now! Whoop!! It feels great to FINALLY see something other than 4 miles, 3 miles 2.5 miles, etc on my training calender...but I still kinda suck at this running thing. It freakin' hurts my entire body! Last weekend I did 10 miles in Red Rock {don't make me recall the events on that day...hills too traumatic for my liking!...} , this past weekend husband and I did 11, which took me a very.long.time. But 11 miles is 11 miles, right??! No matter that the SECOND my Garmin clocked 11 miles, I stopped. Stopped one mile away from my house, but there was no way in hell I could get my body to run it. That one mile walk to my house was slow and painful! The problem I'm now having with these long runs (not counting my terrible knee pain), is that I get a bad headache all day long following the run. I can't figure out if I'm not drinking as much water as I thought I was, or if my shoulders are tense ...?? Thank God I'm married to a chiropractor cause I need that adjustment after each run, but I REALLY need to find the source of those headaches! I am going to try some coconut water before & after my next long run to try to get some electrolytes & other goodies to see if that will help. It's very frustrating, but I'm determined to get to the bottom of this. So, that's the latest on my running adventures. I just keep on keeping on! (Thanks, Casey) ;)