"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever" - Lance Armstrong

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

3 & a half months to go....

...but who's counting, right? I feel like I have been losing my motivation & determination to run this damn thing, and today's run (if you can even call it that!) showed it! I was just not feeling it mentally or physically this morning. This was probably one of my worst runs I've had since I started. I'm going too long in between days that I run and it's getting me down in the worst way. It's been so hard between working, kids home all day, dinner, cleaning, kid's activities, etc that I feel my drive is slowly going away. I cut my run short today cause I mentally beat myself up out there that I just did not enjoy it. It took me 25 minutes to run 2.15 miles and I had enough. I have to step up my game and try again tomorrow. As my friend Casey always says: sometimes you have to just keep on keeping on.

That's all I have some days....