"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever" - Lance Armstrong

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

4...finally!

Actually made it up on time this morning, then debated not running cause my legs hurt so bad from running yesterday in my old shoes, but I forced myself out the door and just...ran. I didn't THINK about it, I just blanked out my mind, listened to my ipod and ran. My husband always tells me that I over-think my runs too much. I anticipate how long it's going to take, how tired I'll feel or how hard a hill will be...and I do, I can acknowledge that. But it felt GREAT to be out there pushing my body again. I did 4.1 miles this morning and I feel fabulous! I really wasn't that tired and I probably could have tweaked out 5 today, but my calves & knee were in agony, so I didn't want to push it much farther and pay the price for the rest of the week. I'm just so happy I was able to bust out of my rut {for today!}and get past 2 miles! I have a massage later on and right now my entire household is still asleep....today is going to be an awesome day!