"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever" - Lance Armstrong

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

99 days to go...

We are officially only 99 days away from Ragnar...and my running has not improved much. In fact, I think I may have taken a huge leap backward :/
I'm not sure what my problem has been the past couple of weeks, but I'm just not feeling it like I was. Running is so damn hard for my body that I get all discouraged and frustrated cause I want to run 10 miles, but 4 miles just about does me in. I did a 3 miler this morning for the first time in what feels like a lifetime. It was not pretty, but I did it. I am starting from the bottom of the training scale and trying to slowly work my way up again. When I ran 4.5 miles a few weeks ago, I felt awesome and energized...but when I got home from 3 miles this morning, I thought I was going to have a stroke! I was sweating like a pig, my contacts were dried to my eyeballs and my heart was racing. What the hell is wrong with me? I've had this little twinge in my knees when I'm half way into my run so now I think I need to start taking glucosamine...I'm slowly turning into my mother {my knees, my hips, etc!} LOL! *sigh* I should be grateful that I'm able to run and at least I'm getting out there...that's half the battle! Tomorrow's a new day and I will start again....