"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever" - Lance Armstrong

Monday, July 19, 2010

It's hot!!!!!

Crap...I slept through my alarm this morning! Just when I had convinced myself last night that I had to get serious again about this running stuff.....hmmmmm, I wonder what my mind is trying to tell me...??? ;) So I got an hour and 15 minute late start on my run, I couldn't find my running shoes, so I had to wear my old ones and it was so much damn hotter to run @ 6:25 than at 5:40! I decided to make today a super short run since I was heading out so late. I will make up the difference tomorrow. Hey- at least I got out there! Especially since I've been pissing & moaning, constantly whining about my lack of running, and my lack of DESIRE to run. I REALLY do want to feel like running is important to me, and I DID feel that way at one point, but I feel dread at the thought of Ragnar looming ahead. It's like a giant, dark cloud. Don't get me wrong, I really want to do it...I would regret NOT doing it and I think we are going to have an absolute blast, but I'm scared. I'm scared I'm going to let my team down cause I'm the big, weak link...I'm scared I'm not going to be able to finish it....so many to name! UGH!! I need to shake this. I just wish it wasn't so hard for me....but on the other hand, I guess if it wasn't so hard, I wouldn't feel like I was accomplishing something ;) So I will continue on, one day to the next...and I will continue to do so until Ragnar. Then I will explore my options: to continue to run or not? I LOVE doing our little running events throughout the year and I DO owe Alex a race in Park City ;) Maybe once I get through the next 94 (!) days, I will KNOW I can do it and my mind will be in a better place......let me just hold on to that pipe dream for now.