"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever" - Lance Armstrong

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I think I'm ready...

Haven't run in a handful of days for no reason other than I haven't felt like it. Booo!! It's so strange for me to believe that Ragnar is now only 3 days away...this huge moment that I've been eagerly anticipating AND dreading at the same time, is within my grasp. My gosh...what am I getting myself into? I have a sneaky feeling that this experience is going to be one of the hardest, yet funnest things I have ever done. I think we have a really fun group of people who are all excited to be on this journey, that I think (hope) we will take whatever comes our way and make it the best time possible. I don't feel any pressure from anyone in the group to be faster than what I am...I am only pressuring myself. I had a really good run today and it made me excited for this weekend. I kept thinking of the adrenaline that we will all probably have...in addition to the fatigue, but there's always time to sleep later, right? ;)
Tomorrow we will grocery shop for our food supply and Thursday is van decorating & packet pick-up/pre-race dinner. So excited!! I need to ice my knee, roll my butt/leg & have my lovely husband adjust everything possible on my body that he can.....then, I think I'm ready.
Have I mentioned that I'm excited...?