"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever" - Lance Armstrong

Friday, October 29, 2010

Pumpkin Run



Last night was the Great Pumpkin Run, a fun 5K at Anderson Dairy. I was excited to do it because it was a night run through 2 old cemeteries and we got to wear costumes. In spite of just barely getting done with Ragnar, I knew this would not be a great run for me since I've been having knee issues, but this was such a low-key one that I wanted to do it anyways. John adjusted my knee that afternoon and got a good set on it, but I wrapped it just to be sure. About a mile into the run, I knew I shouldn't push it since I could feel my knee popping, so I walked it quite a bit, jogged, walked, etc. The last half mile in I just walked cause I could feel it getting slightly more irritated and the last thing I needed was to tear something. Funny thing is, as much as I walked during this 5k, my time was still better than the 1st 5k I did. LOL! I was surprised!! I thought for sure I'd have a time of45 minutes or longer, but honestly, I didn't care. John, Matt, Cheryl & Michelle all did so good; they each placed 1st, 2nd or 3rd in their age division. It was a cute event; games, prizes & treats for the kids. My children had a really good time. I was surprised by the low number of people who turned up for such a fun run, but maybe since it was on a week night people couldn't make it out? I definitely want to do this one again next year...I had such a great time with some of my favorite people. :)