"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever" - Lance Armstrong

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Sweet!

I had a really good run today and I feel great about it. I'm keeping my miles short, but adding more runs per week. I don't have a lot of time left before Ragnar gets here, so it's not looking like I'll be running tons of miles prior to the race, but I've run 5 miles before...I know I can do it (5 miles being my longest run in the race). The hard part will be running 3 times in a 24 hour period. I think I will have to get to the point where I say "F it....do the best you can and move on". I'm not there yet. I'm worried about exasperating any injuries I am currently working on, but that's why I'm hoping by keeping my miles short, but adding more runs in each week will help keep me ready. I have a little bit of time left so I'll do what I can, but not at the risk of hurting anything else. Slow and steady wins the race, right? ;)