"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever" - Lance Armstrong

Monday, December 6, 2010

On my way to a Half....

This past weekend was the LV Rock & Roll Half/Full Marathon. John, Matt, Michelle & Amy all did the Half and kicked butt, so that has me totally motivated. I figured by my training calender, I should (and I say that loosely) be ready for a Half by around April. Problem is, there's no good half marathons coming up during that time frame. So......I had the bright idea that we should do the Half in Seattle in June. I've been wanting to go there for a long time now anyways, so John & I registered to do it! We will take the kids with us and stay for a few days to hang out after the marathon is over. I'm excited! I'm hoping Michelle & Matt will be able to come too...that would be so much fun!
I'm pretty much sticking to the training program I have mapped out. I'm still on my 5K training, but I should be done with that next week and I will start the 10K. I already have a Half program mapped out, but I won't start that until February. I really don't want to do too much too soon. I only did 2.5 miles today at a slow, easy pace & I can feel my left knee tweaking :( I will ice and roll and hope for the best. I'm due to do 3 miles tomorrow, so I will make sure I take it really slow. I'm really trying to avoid any injuries which is the point of this tedious and boring training program, so if I have to stay at low miles for weeks on end, I guess that's what I'll do (ugh...I hope not!).
Anyways....now that I have something in my horizon to train for, I'm motivated and determined!!
Thanks for reading my boring & unimportant updates...you guys keep me motivated!!! xoxo