"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever" - Lance Armstrong

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

hanging in there

It seriously has not been 2 weeks since I've run (although my last post was that long ago...). I'm hanging in there, slowly but surely. Ok...maybe it's been ALMOST 2 weeks, but who cares, right? Tis the season to be lazy. And lazy I have been! Today was such a beautiful day that I couldn't stand sitting on my couch eating holiday cookies for one more second. I picked up where I left off on my training schedule and muddled through 3.5 miles, half uphill...which is not an easy task since I've probably put on 12 pounds in the last week alone. Actually, I don't feel too bad, since I think my body needed the rest (so I'm telling myself). For those of you not on Facebook, on my last run 12 days ago, I got bit by my neighbor's dog. I'm not kidding. I was running at about 5pm and it was getting a little dark. I had about a half mile to go to finish my run and I saw my neighbor on the sidewalk walking his dog so I got into the street and ran on by. The rest kinda happened in slow motion....I turned my head to look at the dog at the same time I saw him kinda do a little leap off the sidewalk right toward my ass. Now I KNOW my ass isn't big enough to resemble a ham-hock...God, at least I hope not! and the stupid dog is a golden retriever, not a Kujo-type dog or something exciting like that. How embarrassing! I said "Holy shit- your dog just bit me!" and the neighbor kid had no idea! Duh! I ran home & saw that I had a good size bloody bite on my thigh, near my butt-cheek! WTH?
Anyways, I have taken a little run break for my boo-boo to heal and now I'm out there again. I'm dreading this half marathon now. I feel like 13.1 miles is a long damn run and get so bored! Hubby is telling me that it's completely different running in a marathon setting rather than doing a lone run around the neighborhood. I hope so!!!