"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever" - Lance Armstrong

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

:(

I've been "patiently" waiting for my leg(s) to feel better before I take another run, but good God, this is getting ridiculous! Ever since my 5K on Saturday, my right hip and calf have been in agony. I think it's from compensating for the IT issue I have in my left side, but I could not let any more days pass to get in another run. I went to the gym to do a short run, but of course I had to push the envelope and do intervals so now I'm feeling like crap. My right calf is in so much pain it's like the pain I had in the very beginning of when I started to run....it's almost taken over what I feel in my left IT band. I did 1 mile in normal speed (5.6) then I did some weights and got back on the treadmill & did 15 minutes of intervals ranging from 5.0 for 1 minute then 6.8 for 1 minute, and so on for the duration. Ouch. I am frustrated. Either I don't run at all until my leg(s) get 100% better& screw myself in the process, or I continue to run & deal with the consequences....hmmmmm....at this point I have no idea which is the better deal. Neither sound that great to me, but I don't know if I have a real choice here. If I don't run at all in the meantime, I'm going to be in majorly bad shape come race time. I am really at a loss. :(