"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever" - Lance Armstrong

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Lazy

I've been so lazy and unmotivated lately. I have not run more than once a week for a while now. I'm not lazy in general, but with all the pain I've been having in my leg & knee, it made me lose focus & determination to do this. I literally FORCED myself to get up out of my cozy bed @ 5:30, which frankly, was the last thing on earth I wanted to do....especially since my little guy woke me up @ 5am to ask me if he could sleep in my bed and his little body was all snuggly warm, I just wanted to wrap myself around him and smell his neck for another hour. <3
John got up to run with me...and you know how I feel about THAT. So immediately I was annoyed. I don't care if he runs ahead of me on the same route, but since he runs so much faster than me and tries to stay the same pace as I do, it drives me insane when I know he really wants to run ahead...and especially since the last time we ran together, he told me "running that slow physically hurts him". And I don't forget those little things. I hate pity runs. For those who know me, know I don't particularly LOVE running with other people because most people tend to run a lot faster than I do and I hate feeling like I'm slowing everyone down. Go on ahead, dammit! ;)
I was hurting on the run. We only did 3.6 miles and it was not my finest 35 minutes. I think I felt more out of shape and out of breath, than hurting from any source of pain, which is fine by me....I can work up to getting back into running shape without the physical pain getting in the way. I honestly can not wait until Ragnar is over so that I can RELAX and hopefully make running fun again for me and not stressful. I have come to terms that I will never be a fast runner, but I want to just enjoy the sport and feel the excitement again of getting to wake up in the quiet, crisp, early mornings and have an hour to my own thoughts. That's my goal for November. I am VERY excited for what I think Ragnar will bring my our team, but I'm also very excited to start something new :)