"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever" - Lance Armstrong

Thursday, September 9, 2010

4 miles, bitches!

Holy crap! It's been so long since I've been able to have a decent run so I am beyond thrilled this morning for this very small accomplishment! I know, big frikkin' whoop - 4 miles, blah blah blah....whatever, but I'll take it! Whoever said that running was like riding a bicycle (once you do it then stop, you can go right back into it) was a big fat liar. Actually, I don't even know if anyone HAS said that, but I have heard people say they "used" to run then stopped for many years before starting up again and they love it even more. Suuuuure! The first mile for me today was the worst. It's all uphill and I swear I had to stop and walk about 4 times. UGH, but the rest was pretty good. Still had pain in my (left)leg, but now it's my RIGHT knee that was bothering me, instead of my left. I can't catch a damn break! Pretty soon, my entire body is either going to be completely wrapped in KT tape or have a brace on it. This is just too damn stressful for me. Why the f*#@ can't I just RUN? Why is everything so complicated?! Ragnar is looming around the corner, taunting me, and I have a feeling this is not going to be pretty :/