"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever" - Lance Armstrong

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Seriously..???

Crap. This nice cool weather in the morning is making it really difficult for me to get up to run. I actually slept through my alarm today, so I figured since it wasn't so hot anymore, I'd run after I took the kids to school. Yeah. That didn't happen. John had a training session @ the gym at 1pm, so I went with him forcing myself to run on the damn mind-numbing treadmill. I did 1 mile then some weights & came back to the treadmill to do 30 minutes of intervals. I was about 5 minutes in when I felt a huge pop in my right hip and instantly a hot pain spread down my leg. I immediately stopped running and went to the foam rollers to try to work it out. It's now 6 hours later and I am in agony. It feels like a huge bruise deep into my hip bone and I am NOT a happy camper runner. I've been icing and rolling...rolling and icing in hopes that this is not yet ANOTHER something that I have to deal with. I am beyond frustrated. FML.