"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever" - Lance Armstrong

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I hate today

I really need to get to a point in my running life that when I have a horrible run day, it doesn't spill out into my "normal" mom/wife day. I just get so pissed when my body doesn't cooperate with me!! I ran over 5 miles on Saturday and felt awesome, kept my time within the range that made me happy....ran 3 miles with my husband on Monday (he smoked me...screw him! ;)) but felt really good and had a good time. Was going for 3.5 today, but could not get my body to react in a positive manner. Everything hurt. I was trying to keep a positive mental attitude, telling myself that slow & steady today means I can go for 4 tomorrow and not hurt. Wrong. The 1st two miles of today's run was mainly uphill, which I did just fine (what I mean is: slow), but I didn't stop. But crap...my knee hurt and I've been noticing that the bone by my big toe on my right foot has been in pain, to the point where I can't put a lot of pressure on that side of my foot when I walk. So I think I'm compromising my running form to compensate for my typical aches. It's totally my fault, cause husband has been trying to adjust my low back/sciatica, but since my hips have been hurting, I have been nothing but a pain in the ass patient for him, making it impossible for him to help me. I don't care what my hips feel like later on, but when he gets home from work, I HAVE to let him fix my low back issue...I know that will clear up at least half, if not more of my running issues. *sigh* I'm a mess. I'm really going to need to take the rest of the week (and possibly the weekend) off to let everything heal. This blows.