"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever" - Lance Armstrong

Friday, August 20, 2010

I hate this :(

I get that life constantly throws curve balls our way and we just have to find ways to get around them, but this is one of the most frustrating things I've ever dealt with! I tried to go for a short run this morning, although the little voice inside my head was telling me that my knee/leg was not feeling that great. Screw that voice, right?! Sure. I gimped my way around the first corner down my street, already winded because they way I was running certainly wasn't doing me any favors, my lungs on fire, my left leg (what I like to call my "peg" leg) was killing me and I could feel the ankle on my right leg feeling awkward because I'm compensating that leg instead of putting all pressure on my bad leg...Yikes. It was a hot mess. After I turned the 2nd corner, I realized it was not going to end well. Either my left leg was going to eventually give out and I'd end up face first on the gravel, or I was going to injury my right leg too. So I did the walk of shame home. I'm so frustrated. Ragnar is only 2 months away. I have a 5K in 2 weeks.....WTF? Like I told my friend the other day, had I been running simply for the joy of doing it, I might be handling this better & differently, but I have a big run coming up that has other people counting on me....I don't want to walk the damn thing! Let me rephrase that: I REFUSE to walk the damn thing! I don't know how long this will take to feel better and that uncertainty is what has me freaked out. Ugh!! I hate this!! I want to cry! I've read that sometimes IT Band injuries can take a couple of months to get better and that doesn't help me. I need it to get better in a week! This is not good. :(