"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever" - Lance Armstrong

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I'm still alive...

Yes, I realize it's been forever and no, I haven't given up running. I've had leg issues for the past little while, ever since I did that 5 mile treadmill run...and dummy me, didn't give my leg a rest so I've had all sorts of pain in every part of my left leg. Ugh! I think I've had IT Band problems all the way down into my knee but now it feels like it's deep inside my thigh muscle. I've been icing, rolling, massage, not running, etc, but it hurts like a bitch! My fear is that the longer I go without running, the harder it's going to be for me to get back into it. So in spite of my own advice, I found myself wide awake at 4:30am with nothing to do except stare at my ceiling, so I decided to go for a small run. By small, I mean SMALL. 1.7 miles. Not only did it feel like I had a wooden leg, all clumsy as hell, but everything was stiff & uncomfortable. It felt (and I'm sure LOOKED!) like my first run ever. It was ugly. Yes, it did hurt. Not burning pain, but enough for me to know it's there and enough for me to mentally repeat "I don't know if this is a good idea" over & over in my mind. Probably NOT a good idea, but i HAD to do it. I've been going crazy! So I will ice & roll & stretch & curse my stupid leg all of today and hope that tomorrow will not bring another ache or pain for me. I will consider it victory should nothing new arise. If all fairs well, I will keep my runs short & sweet for the next little while then hopefully be able to kick it up a notch before the big run. There's only 2 more months left! :/