"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever" - Lance Armstrong

Friday, June 18, 2010

Damn dog

What a frustrating morning already! I have come to enjoy the mornings I get to wake up at 5:15 and go for a run. It's mentally cleansing for me. This morning was not one of those times. As I'm sitting here, I'm already forming a headache, I'm not in a great frame of mind...and I have a hugely long day ahead of me. John & I started bickering the second we got up for something I can't even remember {I know...it was THAT important!}, so he decided not to run with me cause he hated my guts [and I hated his}, then I being the dumb ass that I am, had the BRIGHT idea to take our fat-ass, overweight 60 pound pitt-bull on a run instead! WTF? Anyone who knows me AT ALL knows that although I own 2 dogs, I'm not a dog lover. These dogs are a part of our household simply because I have kids {and a husband}. I prefer my dogs to have a life-span of less than 10 years {3 years, ideally}...BUT I do like them because they're my dogs. I know better than to take my stupid dog for a walk...let alone a run: she does NOT listen to me at all. So as we start on our run, Jerk-Face {not her real name} is ALL over the effin' place. She's sniffing here & there for the first half mile until I can get to a street where there's no dogs. She does somewhat OK until I get back on the side streets closer to my house. There are dogs going ballistic all over the damn place! And Jack-Ass is yanking my arm out of it socket to try to crash through people's fences to get to the other dogs. This is all not even 3 miles into my run! OK and get this: every damn morning when I run by myself, I might see a rabbit...as in ONE rabbit. Today? I saw probably no less than 3,459 of those little bastards all over the place! And you know why? Because I had my damn dog with me who attempted to chase every single one she saw. I was so pissed by this point that I cut my run short and walked my dog home, praying a train would appear out of nowhere so I could push her in front of it. So I only got 3.75 miles in today, with maybe 3.25 of that a run...a broken up run. That will be the last time Dummy comes with me. I feel frustrated and not at all energized or accomplished. I'm going back to bed :/