"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever" - Lance Armstrong

Monday, June 14, 2010

Yay!

I seriously was not going to get up this morning. My alarm, once again, annoyed me @ 5:15am. But I was feeling like crap: my calves hurt, my head hurt, I slept crappy, my hip hurt....how OLD am I? Geez. John finally got up and said he was going to run because he was already awake, so there was NO WAY in hell I was going to let him do a run while I laid in bed!! ;)
We headed up the hill that we live on...the hill from hell that defeats me every single time. Well I conquered that bad boy today! I ran every single step of my 3.27 mile run! Woot woot! Gotta celebrate the small victories, right?! And it was hot, but I welcomed it instead of fighting it. I found that when I focused on each little milestone along the way {run to the pole, then run to the sign, get to that small rock...}, I am able to get through every pain in my calf, every voice in my head that tells me to stop....instead of looking all the way down the road and think "holy crap, I still have to run all the way there!" I felt fantastic! I think by this weekend I will be ready to kick my mileage up a notch....actually, I don't think I will give myself a choice. I HAVE to up my mileage...and I can do it! :)