"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever" - Lance Armstrong

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Lame :(

Friday night, half of our Ragnar team had our first team meeting. We were trying to come up with a name, which by the way, we didn't agree to one. My husband & another husband wanted the team name : "Poker in the front, Liquor in the back"...funny, but not sure how I feel being a chick and having to wear that on my shirt. I thought "Tortoises and Hares" would be cute, with the fast runners dressed up as rabbits, and slow pokes (uh, ME) dressed up like turtles. So cute! So that was as far as we got that night.


Today was supposed to be my 5 mile run......let me rephrase that: today I was going to ATTEMPT a 5 mile run. I'm lame. 2 of my kids each had a birthday party to go to, then my hubby wanted to go shopping. Soooooooo, here I am, sitting here at 8:30pm feeling guilty cause I just couldn't get my ass out the door today. And in all honesty, my calves are feeling really tight, so maybe I should take that as a sign and just rest them another day ;)
I will try again tomorrow. Each day is a new beginning...or something like that, right?