"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever" - Lance Armstrong

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Day 2: Ugh

Today's run walk sucked!! My original plan as of last night right before bed, was to get up @ 5:45am and head out for a 3 mile run before the sun came up. That didn't happen. By 9:30am, I was so not in the right frame of mind to run that I simply gave up half way. Here's what I have learned from today:

1. I, personally, should never eat peanut butter before a run. I've done it before & wanted to vomit it up during my last 5K, and I did it again today & still wanted to vomit it up.

2. Never, and I repeat...NEVER run @ 10am in June if you live in Vegas. Holy crap. I thought my husband was going to have to scrape me off the asphalt.

3. If you DO decide to run @ 10am in June in Vegas, have the smarts to at least take your 5 y/o kid along with you on their bike, so that you can use your child to take walk breaks while you push their bike up the hill.

4. Take extra water.

5. Good-inner voice never wins in my head while running uphill. I need to find a way to kill that damn BAD-inner voice.

6. I will never, ever make fun of my stupid dog when after a long run or walk, she comes home and plops her fat ass on our cold tile. I understand now.