"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever" - Lance Armstrong

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

No fun

So I've been a slacker since Friday. I had a crazy, busy weekend with Emma's dance recital & dance commitments we made, so I feel like I've been nonstop. My mind has been in La-La Land the past couple of days and I been feeling out of sorts. Not motivated to get out there. I was set to go running yesterday morning, but when my alarm rang, I just could not get myself out of bed...so I didn't. I had every intentions on running last night, but that went out the window as soon as the kids went to bed. I was drained. I DID set my alarm for 5:15 this morning, but totally slept through the damn thing! John & I went to the gym and I decided that I should probably run on the treadmill. Yikes...no fun at all! I love how easy it is for my body to run a few miles. I DON'T love how damn boring the treadmill is! I feel like I run so much slower and a few miles takes SO much longer! It's no wonder hamsters have a life-span of only a couple of years...they're so bored running on their damn wheel, going nowhere, that I bet they PRAY for a short life! How miserable. I literally could not run if I had to run on the treadmill day in and day out. It was pure torture. If it wasn't for the effervescent goodness of my nuun drink {it's like a party in my mouth!}, I would have hurled myself in front of the feet of the person running next to me, in hopes that I would be trampled to death just so I could be out of my misery ;) That will teach me to sleep in when I should be up & out the door. I do have to say though, when I don't run for a few days, I sure miss it. I feel good that I was at least able to run today. You can bet that I won't sleep through another alarm though :)