"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever" - Lance Armstrong

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Day 3: OUCH!

5:40am sure comes early! Thank God for the snooze button! But hubby & I got up were out of the house by 6:05 for our 3 mile run {ok, I can't lie...I only went 2.75 miles today. Booooooo!}. I knew right off the bat something was wrong, cause John did not smoke my ass in the first mile, and normally he's just a little speck by the time I get around the first corner. It was not a great day in terms of how my body feels....run wise, it wasn't too bad.

I have to learn to accept that I'm no longer 25, no matter what my mind thinks. My BODY definitely does not feel like it's 25. I think I will have to spread my runs {jogs, whatev.} out a little bit. Running everyday does NOT feel good. My calves are in burning agony, my hips hurt, my periformis muscle hurts, my shins hurt....so, so badly. I will take a break tomorrow & hopefully that will give my body a small, glorious break then try again on Friday. If I feel good on Friday, then I know an everyday run is just too much and the following week I will go every other day. All in all, on a scale from 1 to 10, I'd rank today's run a 5. I pushed a little harder than I normally do, but hopefully with some recovery, I will do better. I am SO happy today's run is out of the way and I can now focus on my kid's last day of school!! I'm now off to limp my way into the shower. Enjoy your day!