"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever" - Lance Armstrong

Thursday, June 10, 2010

I am AWESOME!

LOL! I didn't do anything spectacular, but my run this morning felt great! I am really using this internal self-talk to get myself through a run when I just want to quit. Have you ever noticed that 5:30am comes really quick? John didn't look like he was ready to get out of bed anytime soon, but when I couldn't fall back asleep {thanks to my very tiny bladder} I decided to go ahead with the run before it got too hot. It helps for me to keep in mind that I am training for Ragnar...11 other people are counting on me to do my part, so it's only fair I try my best every chance I get. When I forget that, I find that I'm likely to deny running when I'm not feeling up to it {which is often}.

I feel like mentally, things are getting better for me. I find that I'm actually looking forward to my run time, maybe not the run itself, but I don't DREAD it as much as I used to. It's time I'm actually ALONE. Just me. No one needing something from me or demanding that I watch them as they do something I've already seen 5996 times, dammit! I've stopped using my ipod since I normally run by myself & don't want someone sneaking up behind me to fondle me or stab me in the head, if you know what I mean ;)

John got up to run with me today, but OH.MY.GOD! I love this man...God knows I do, but holy shit...he's like a frikkin' chick! When I get up to go running, I'm up & out of the house in 15 minutes TOPS. But no, everything is an event with him. Going to the bathroom is an 18 minute ordeal, then he wants to drink a cup of coffee, then he's watching "Millionaire Yachts" on the travel channel. Then he's making a toast/peanut butter meal that he has to enjoy, while perusing the yachts...good GOD! I finally told him I was leaving. Mind you, I had been up for 20-something minutes by this point, dressed & ready to go.....He forgets that running is really hard for me, so I don't want to run when the sun is at it's highest, where he can run 6 miles in the heat of the day & is fine. I hate him. And see...it's 10 after 7:00. I've been home for 25 minutes & he's nowhere to be found.
Ok, thank you for listening to my rant. I'm good now. I have an hour long massage lined up in 2 hours, so I'm going to start my morning. Have a great day!
PS- guess who JUST walked in the house ;)